Top Five Sushi Spots in Miami Beach
South Beach is known for a lot of things: warm weather, white sandy beaches, endless cocktails – but when on vacation in Miami Beach, our incredible and unique sushi restaurants, which are anything but typical, cannot be missed.
What makes our sushi spots so unique, you ask? Pairing fresh, decadent ingredients with local exotic flavors and award-winning chefs, the fusion created is an unforgettable (and unbelievably delicious) dining experience.
Break out your chopsticks. Here are our top five must-visit sushi picks:
1. NaiYaRa: A unique blend of exotic flair and familiar dishes grace the raw section of NaiYaRa’s menu. Using fresh, quality fish, their chefs expertly slice, dress and present one-of-a-kind nigiri and omakase selections second to none on Miami Beach. Gold flakes, freshly shaved truffles, and caviar bring the WOW factor while dining in a casual, Bangkok-inspired dining room.
2. Pubbelly Sushi: Inventive would be an understatement when describing the menu at Pubbelly Sushi. The brainchild of five-time James Beard-nominated chef, Jose Mendin, one menu favorite, the Big Tuna Roll, features Spicy Tuna “Arroz Pegao,” truffle oil, and sea salt. Their French Onion Miso Soup, made with soft tofu scallions, gruyere toast, and onion confit, is also not to be missed!
3. Sushi Garage: This new local hotspot stands out for its décor and ambiance. Oozing cool, the restaurant is as beautiful as it is delicious. Featuring traditional Japanese food with an edge, you can’t leave without trying the Tuna Chicharron Roll.
4. Hoshi & Sushi: Hoshi & Sushi offers a fresh take on Japanese cuisine with the quintessential vibe of Miami Beach. With unparalleled service and passion, every sushi roll shines in this small sushi spot with high-quality and incredibly fresh seafood selections. The local favorite here is the Happy Jalapeño Roll, consisting of yellowtail, avocado, micro cilantro, lime, and jalapeño on top.
5. SUSHISAMBA: Only at SUSHISAMBA will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian culture and cuisine. SUSHISAMBA is born of the energy and spirit of these three distinct cultures and continues to be a top destination in the world for fusion sushi. The El Topo roll, with salmon, jalapeño, shiso leaf, fresh melted mozzarella, red onion, and crispy onion, is a must-try.